Saturday, November 8, 2014

My Top Favorite Vampire Films

My top Vampire Films
Movie List by Wmpyr

What can I say, I am into monsters, always been fascinated by them, always liked them. Out of all the different types of monsters out there, my favorite has been Dracula. So in honor of Dracula, here are my top favorite vampire films.

Subspecies
Excellent vampire film from Full Moon Entertainment. B-grade at it's finest.

Lair of the White Worm
Just saw it again and I gotta say it's pretty awesome. I would like to see a remake but then again, the original is so good it would be hard to even come close.

The Breed
Before Daybreakers and Underworld was the film The Breed, which also depicts a vampire world for the viewers to visit. Not as over the top as those newer films but still stylish, that's what I like about it.

Shadow of the Vampire
A great homage to the classic film Nosferatu. Cinematography is top notch on this one.

The Lost Boys
It has comedy, scares, romance, a twist ending, and even a hell hound, what more can I ask for?

Dracula's Widow
There is something that is very memorable to me about this straight to video flick.

Bram Stoker's Dracula
I grew up with the 1980s Dracula with Frank Langella, but sad to say it loses to this one, which has a stronger fantasy feel to it which I like very much.

Queen of the Damned
Everyone prefers Interview with the Vampire over this one, while Interview had a much bigger budget, and is a better made film overall, I have to say that I really like Queen. And I like that it doesn't have the super celebrities such as Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, and Antonio Banderas in it.

Others I've seen: Note that the ones I took special interest in get a *

*Against the Dark
Andy Warhol's Dracula
*Argento's Dracula 3D
Blade franchise
*Dracula (1931)
Dracula 2000
Dracula 3000
Dracula Dead and Loving It
Dracula Untold
*Fascination
From Dusk Til Dawn
Fright Night
Fright Night II
Fright Night 2011
Fright Night 2013
*Innocent Blood
*Hammer films Dracula
John Carpenter's Vampires
*My Best Friend's a Vampire
*The Monster Squad
*The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires
*Sleep Walkers
*30 Days of Night
30 Days of Night: Dark Days
Graveyard Shift
The Night Flier
*Interview with the vampire
Let Me In
Love at First Bite
Lifeforce
*Lips of Blood
*Nosferatu der nacht
*Nosferatu The Vampyre
Priest
*Requiem of the Vampire
*Subspecies franchise
Twilight franchise
*Two Orphan Vampires
The Fearless Vampire Hunters
The Vampire Journals
*The Velvet Vampire
Underworld franchise
*Vamp
*Vampire Circus
Van Helsing

No comments: