Saturday, May 28, 2016

K4S System Today



K4S System by Wmpyr


K4S stands for Knife For the Street. The "K" can also stand for Kali, Karate, and Kickboxing. It's a modular system, which was said to me by my Youtube friend Blacksilkblacksilk. And what that means is that it's made up of sub styles.

The K4S sub styles include: Integrated Stick Fighting, Knifeboxing, Knife Vigilante, Knife Defense, Knife Grappling, Violence Factory, Project Overkill, Specialized Weapons, and Combat Trapping.

There is one main principal that I focus on in my learning and teaching method. And that is progression. So let's say that your an instructor with your own martial arts school and you have me down for a seminar, I'm not going to put down what you guys do, even if you are a traditional martial arts school, combat sports school or whatever. Not because I think everyone is cool we all love each other, but because my method is to see what you do and progress it. I want to make it a little bit more realistic. And I believe that this can be done without being disrespectful to the original style's methods, and without having to go full contact.

I've been training in martial arts for over 2 decades now. I started in junior high school, and the first 5 years was learning the core, the next 5 years was my pursuit of truth, figuring out what I'm saying to you now about progressing the training to be a little bit more realistic. And the last 10 years was spent actually working on that.

Many people pursued their truth by being tyrants, extremely rude, judgemental, and hurtful, while others pursued it ruthlessly by just beating on each other. I think there is a better way, and I've done it for the past 10 years. Before that I was a ruthless tyrant. Now I want to give back and show that there is a better way, and show my new findings from all the work I've put in over years of training and teaching.

No comments: