Gingerdead Man from Full Moon

THE GINGERDEAD MAN
2005 film review by Wmpyr

Another film from Full Moon! Full Moon has definitely been a favorite company for me, since I really enjoy so many of their titles. Gingerdead Man wasn't superb for me like Killjoy Goes to Hell, however, like Shrunken Heads I thought it was solid. The story telling in Gingerdead Man felt a little bit better done than Shrunken Heads probably because the plot sequence was less complicated. However I felt that Shrunken Heads was more unique and took you into their world. Gingerdead Man felt more like a gimmick, however they weren't able to creatively use their theme as much or as well as other slasher films like the other B-movie horror film Jack Frost which featured a killer snowman. I really did enjoy seeing Gary Busey in the beginning of the film. The rest of the actors I thought were fine, but I did find their characters to be a bit on the boring side. It wasn't bad, in fact I am looking forward to seeing the other films in the franchise since I just purchased a DVD set with three Gingerdead Man films.

Comments