Killjoy films movie review

KILLJOY
horror film review
by Wmpyr

The other day I just saw KILLJOY GOES TO HELL (4th in the series), and I thought it was great. So last night I saw the first Killjoy film. I have seen the 2nd one a while back. When I first saw the Killjoy series in a pack sold at Walmart, I was immediately interested and looked them up online. Most of the reviews said the same thing, 1 and 2 are not that great, 3 and 4 are good, most people said that 4 is the best one. So I saw Killjoy 2 with my expectations very low, but it turned out to be quite enjoyable for me. If you don't like B-movie horror films then you won't like the Killjoy franchise. If your expecting it to be a Hollywood style horror film like The Exorcist, The Shining, The Ring, or anything like that, your watching the wrong movie. The first Killjoy, the one that started it all, was a pleasant surprise to be honest. I really enjoyed how it gave you a semi origins tale. When people enter the ice cream truck they are transported into Killjoy's turf, a dark smokey warehouse/alley mixed with a psycho fun house type of place. This probably made filming easier for the director, but it works out well for me, it was imaginative and allowed for some interesting deaths and fight scenes. It seems to me that basically in Killjoy 1~3 (note that I haven't seen 3 yet) Killjoy is a demonic clown from the hoods that wants to kill people left and right, like a typical slasher film formula, Jason from Friday the 13th, Michael Myers from Halloween, and Freddie Kruger from Nightmare on Elm Street. However, in Killjoy 4, the demonic clown is hilariously put on trial in hell for being incompetent/not evil enough. We are introduced to the world of Killjoy as they talk about how a legendary demonic entity he is no more. His super powers are no more, his trademark hammer is powerless, but by the end of the movie, his posse help him escape trial and towards the end there is a climactic chaotic final battle. The 4th film is great because it pokes fun at itself with many humorous dialogs, a ton of colorful characters, and a simple story that doesn't betray what you want from this kind of movie. After watching the 4th one I became a fan, how could you not?

Comments