Robot Wars from Full Moon Entertainment

Robot Wars
1993 film review by Wmpyr

On IMDB Robot Jox is listed as 1989, but I remember watching it in the movie theater around 1993 or 1994. And I think Robot Wars came after Robot Jox, but on IMDB Robot Wars is listed as 1993. Anyways, I've been a big fan of Robot Jox and when I heard that Robot Wars was the sequel I have been wanting to see it for a very long time, and I finally got my hands on it, and I'm happy to own both Robot Jox and now Robot Wars. This one is directed by Albert Band, the brother of Charles Band owner of Full Moon Entertainment. I have to say that Robot Wars is a sequel in a very minor way. Both films really are quite independent from each other, but they do sort of depict a similar world, and you will notice some familiar faces in from both films. Robot Jox is the better movie by far, but if you like Robot Jox and want something a little bit more, then Robot Wars is a great addition. The scorpion shaped robot definitely steals the show, it looks like a Zoid, but there is only one robot vs robot fight in this film. If your looking for giant robot vs robot fights then go with Robot Jox. I enjoyed how the Scorpion robot was used for transporting passengers through the wasteland. Drake the main character in this one was pretty annoying for me, Barbara Crampton from Reanimator is in this film but not used to her full potential, but overall I was still able to enjoy the movie.

Comments