Curse of Chucky

Curse of Chucky
2013 film review by Wmpyr

As a fan of the Chucky films, I've been wanting to see this one for a long time. Just recently in the name of Halloween, I bought it, and finally watched it. Man it was worth the wait. I had heard good things about it, so my hopes were high. This film basically is a type of remake, it's a re-imagination of the original Child's Play films. It takes us back to the more scary Chucky film style, but it still doesn't lose the black humor. I don't know about story, and I'm not going to check for plot holes, because that is not the reason why I watch these films, but the overall feeling, stays true to the original films and also the newer ones, Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky, which is why to me this film succeeds. Take another film for example, the 2010 Nightmare on Elm Street, which was also a re-imagination of the original, to me that one was no where near as good as Curse of Chucky. Remakes are not easy to do, the original fans are going to say that the original is better, and the new fans will be comparing it to the new stuff without any care or respect. It's a lose lose situation. So I applaud the makers of Curse, for pulling it off. Solid recommendation for fans of Chucky, Puppet Master, and evil doll films.

Comments