PIT AND THE PENDULUM BY FULL MOON

pit and the pendulum
film review by Wmpyr

I remember seeing this film back in the early 90s on cable. It helped that I saw a making of feature in addition to the film itself. Back then I remember being fascinated but also sickened by it at the same time. This is basically a torture flick. There are some interesting scenes such as when they were searching for the devil's sign on the poor girl, the herbal witch who eats up gun powder, and an intense flogging sequence that will have you cringe. Overall it's just a little too disturbing for me. I prefer the comedy horror from Full Moon rather than their serious attempts like this one. I do like the historical setting, it was believable to me, it took me into that era. Lance Henriksen does a good job acting as the psychotic inquisitor. The story made enough sense to me, explaining how the inquisition conducted unfair practice.



Comments