Saturday, May 6, 2017

What is a warrior?

WHAT IS A WARRIOR?

To me a warrior is someone that may use the rules to their advantage but they don't hide behind it. When I competed in BJJ, I followed the rules, but I expected my opponent to cheat. 

To me a warrior is someone that is always ready for combat. There is a difference between paranoid and prepared. Paranoid is when you cannot function in normal society, being prepared is when your smart.  

To me a warrior is someone that can and will live in less comfort, they definitely don't demand comfort, in fact they may see the discomfort as a challenge they are willing to face and conquer. Things like ice in your drink, AC, hot showers are all not necessary to sustain life.  

To me a warrior is someone that has a code of honor. Don't expect others to follow your code, and don't force your code on others. Having a code isn't for putting yourself up on a pedestal and looking down on others, but it's just a guide you follow to help you live a better quality of life. When you meet someone that also has a code you are more likely to appreciate them and make good friends.

To me a warrior is someone that never underestimates an enemy or task. 

To me a warrior is someone that always expects the worst but hopes for the best. Never lose hope.

To me a warrior is someone that doesn't over step their boundaries. If you think you can get away with something, most people will cross the line, a warrior will not, because it's not about success or failure, it's the principal of things. 

To me a warrior is someone that only fights someone stronger than they are. A bully is someone that picks on a weaker person, the warrior is the opposite they see it cowardly to do so, but honorable to defend the weak. 

1 comment:

Adri Dreamer said...

This is very inspiring . Nice words