Triple knife review by Wmpyr





From top to bottom
1. Balisong Utility Knife
2. Snaggletooth by Mantis Knives 
3. Reality Based Blade by Boker Plus

BALISONG UTILITY KNIFE
If the Karambit is the official knife for the martial art style of Silat, then the Balisong is the official knife for Filipino martial arts. 
Anyways this is not your standard Balisong, it uses replaceable razor blades!
As a Balisong it's a little bit compact, thick, and heavy for it's size making it a little awkward to flip, however it still does flip, and should not give you any problems for basic flipping. 
I first saw this knife on a video by YouTuber Cutlerylover. 
It blew my mind and I had to get one. 
Since then I have become very fond of utility knives that use replaceable razor blades. 

SNAGGLETOOTH
This knife was designed by martial arts expert Morgan Thomas. 
The knife features Prof. Bram Frank's trademark ramp that is used for Kinetic Openings.
A Kinetic Opening is where you hook the ramp on just about anything you can to deploy the blade with one hand. 
To me this is a very well thought out knife. 
For some reason this knife was taken off the Mantis Knives website and then it was sold online for a fraction of it's original price. 
I don't know what happened there but my guess is that the public has trouble understanding the brilliance of this knife. 
The Snaggletooth knife is unique because you are getting four tools in one!
a) Knife
b) Modified Karambit
c) Yawara stick impact tool
d) Non lethal Karambit impact tool

REALITY BASED BLADE
Designed by Reality Based martial arts instructor Jim Wagner. 
I've had this knife for many years and no matter what anyone says I like it. 
I find the handle to be extremely comfortable and the unique blade shape to be effective when cutting various practice targets. 
The knife is loaded with a bunch of features which have been criticized as gimmicky but don't let that distract you because I believe that at the very core we have a solid knife. 

Comments