MITOKON PERESTROIKA manga



MITOKON PERESTROIKA

manga by Man Gatarao
review/first impressions by Wmpyr

I just finished reading all 6 volumes of this manga.
I really enjoy Man Gataro sensei's work and before this I've read several other titles from the author.

This one has some differences from Gataro sensei's usual but you are still getting pretty much what you can expect from him. 

In fact I got the impression that Gataro sensei didn't really want to do this one, he may have been forced into doing a manga a certain way by his publishers, this is hinted out in the manga itself. 

One of his famous gags is to say at some point in the story please pretend like the chapter you just read didn't happen. 
Which to me is genius but many readers seem to totally hate that. 
So I think this time around he was barred from doing that gag. 

Also many people complain that his artwork is dirty looking.
The style reminds me of the underground comic book artist R Crumb, so I'm fine with it but I have read reviews where people said they didn't know if this guy could actually draw or not.

Mitokon has some deliberately lazy and badly drawn segments which is his twisted sense of humor, however there are some beautifully drawn stuff in it too, way more than his norm in my opinion. 
I was especially impressed by some of the beautiful scenic backgrounds. 
He is also known for his grotesquely drawn characters which are not absent in Mitokon but this time we are treated to super cutesy lolita girls running the show which is also not his norm.
So once again I believe he was told to do this. 

The story is insane, it's hard to follow unlike his previous works. 
His stories are normally much simpler and take a back seat to the action. 
In Mitokon there is a huge emphasis on the story which he was probably told to do and I feel like he rebelled by deliberately making it overly complex.
Completing the story was never his thing, but I felt like he was more thorough this time around than he usually is. 

You are still getting explosive diarrhea, saggy granny tits and other nudity, gore, and this time there is a lot more rape than his typical story.  

All in all being a fan of Gataro sensei's work, I have to say this is another master piece, I really liked it.

Gataro sensei's manga is definitely a love it or hate it, it's not for everyone.

If you like his stuff, but prefer a good story then I don't think this is the one, if the idea of lolita girls running around in a fantasy world fighting alien monsters and kicking butt sounds interesting then this one is for you.

Comments