Under The Silver Lake review by Wmpyr

Lately I've been watching a lot of films that do not fit the Hollywood norm. 

Some of these I call mind-bending. 

 I really find these bizarre films refreshing and enjoyable. 

Escape From Tomorrow

Vivarium

The One I Love

High Life

and of course Under The Silver Lake also falls into this category. 

I found this film interesting because I could relate to it in some weird way. 

The movie reminded me of my single life which I lived for many years after college in one apartment after the next. 

This film takes place in LA and I remember visiting similar sights shown in the film. 

The film starts with us being introduced to the protagonist of the film who is depicted as a loser but in a kind of average guy sort of way. 

He lives in a working class apartment where he likes to spy on his neighbors. 

Boy meets girl, girl then mysteriously disappears. 

He begins to unravel these clues as he follows some peculiar people. 

He ends up in a few fancy Hollywood parties that lead him to more clues. 

In the end he finds out what happens to her and it was not what I expected. 

I am not disappointed, it leaves you with a bizarre feeling. 

All I can say is that there are messed up people out there and some messed up people willing to take advantage of it. 

If you are tired of the mainstream Hollywood stuff then you may like this movie. 

Warning it may seem slow although your curiosity may drag you along as it did me. 



Comments