ROGUE TRIP Vacation 2012


Rogue Trip Vacation 2012 
PS1 car combat game review by Wmpyr

Not many people have heard of Rogue Trip but for me it is the best car combat game for the PS1 by far. 
Yes it dethrones Twisted Metal for me and that's saying a lot because I really like the Twisted Metal franchise. 
I have every single Twisted Metal game and I really like Twisted Metal but Rogue Trip is amazing because it plays solid. 

The Rogue Trip world is post apocalyptic comedy and that may not appeal to everyone. 
Personally I like the game's story/world they paint.
I can't say that I like this story more than Twisted Metal's story but I definitely find it to be really entertaining. 

What I really like is that you can play this game as if it were a Twisted Metal game. 
Simply choose your wild character/vehicle. 
Drive around collecting weapons and items.
Be the last one remaining.
Just like Twisted Metal there are even secrets to unlock and explore!

That being said this game also has a feature that the Twisted Metal games do not have. 
And that is to collect money. 
You want to collect money so that you can upgrade your weapons, or buy health. 
You can look for money which will be in the field like any other item.
Or you can get money from tourists and taking them to as many photo spots as you can. 

It may not be much but the inclusion of money does add a different layer to the game. 

I enjoyed the music too!
Mighty Bosstones!

This was one of the first PS1 games I purchased and it was so good I decided to get Duke Nukem Time to Kill which was advertised on this game's case.
I really enjoyed Duke Nukem Time to Kill too.

On the cover it says this game was made by the people who made car combat which I think refers to the makers of Twisted Metal. 

It plays as good as any PS1 Twisted Metal game but it has more! 
This gem just might win you over as the best PS1 car combat game so check it out if you like car combat! 
5/5stars

Comments